So the new Traffic Law has been officially launched last week with an outdoor campaign to remind the people to follow the rules. Which is all fantastic, and I have in fact downloaded the entire million page PDF which I tried to go through. Then skimmed and then went to sleep I guess.
I realized that either: I have missed something or: there are a few important mentions that have been omitted. Here are some of the questions that I have:
1. If the darake decides to hit on me on a red light, tries to slip me his number and winks sleazily. What is the fine for that?
2. If a girl is doing her makeup, but not the foundation – that’s too much. Just the blush maybe. Or the mascara. What is the fine for that?
3. If a spoiled kid in the next car sticks out his tongue or worse, flips you off. What is the fine for that?
4. Anything mentioned about the cab driver hand-out-of-the-window that they use to replace the blinkers? Can they still do that? Is it still relevant and what would the fine be if they use that instead of a turn signal?
5. The wozze guy with the loud beat-box who puts on the loudest techno music from the 90s and wanders around our neighborhood. What is the fine for that?
6. The male gigolo that winks at you from his car. How is that related? Because he makes my knees weak and I can no longer drive. *Kill yourself if you do not get the sarcasm here.
7. The family, the extended family and the friends that fit into that Picanto and distract you from driving because of the feet stuck out of the car and the faces stuck to the class. And watch them cut you off because the driver has no access to any of his mirrors. They can easily distribute the fine amongst themselves.
8. The politician, his idiotic convey and specifically that hayawen that comes out of the window to yell: zi7o 3a janab! No fine for them?
9. Haida el sa2eel who blocks the right or left turn on a red light!! Those people are the worst!! I really cannot understand what the law says on this point. Will they be fined? Or should I for honking and yelling?
10. The Abou rabba who takes up 2 spots in a parking. And so it happens that that night you are forced to make 700 turns to find a spot! I hate those. They should be shot and not only fined.
Happy stress-free driving!